The portable Model 9500 Laser Texture Scanner is a rapid macrotexture scanner which replaces the Sand Patch Test (ETD) and Circular Texture Meter (MPD). This scanner completes a full scan of the 4″ x 4″ area in about 90 seconds, giving quick results on the host computer.
- Sand Patch Test Alternative
- Bridge Decks
- Paving Stones
- Aircraft Carrier Decks
- Fault Measurement
- Polished Concrete Surfaces
- Racetracks & Tire Wear
- Mean Profile Depth (MPD)
- Texture Profile Index (TPI)
- Estimated Texture Depth (ETD)
- Power Spectral Density (PSD)
- Root Mean Square (RMS)
- Band Pass Selectable Elevation & Slope Variance
3D Analysis Suite
- A comprehensive Windows based 3D analysis suite is provided for in-depth viewing and analyzing of scan data
- Point-to-point measurement, surface model, point model, and black & white
- Calculates Mean Profile (MPD), Texture Profile Index (TPI), Estimated Texture Depth (ETD), RMS, Ra, Rq, Skewness, Kurtosis and VAR. Scanner immediately displays the results on a sunlight readable LCD display
- Scan Area: 4″ x 4″
- Laser type: 4″ Line Laser
- Length Resolution: 4”/2048: 0.00195” = .0496 mm
- Width Resolution: 4”/2448: 0.00163” = .0415 mm
- Vertical Resolution: 0.01 mm
- Scan Time for full scan: 90 seconds.
- Collects both elevation height data and scan intensity image.
- Data stored in binary .LTS file for downloading to PC for interpretation using Ames windows-based 3D viewing software
- Exportable CSV files are available for import into other applications
- Built in GPS Receiver
- Index units: Metric or Imperial
- Windows software application has the ability to crop the original scans into smaller areas of interest
- Product Dimensions 305 mm x 151 mm x 290 mm(L x W x H)
- Weight: 4.2kg
- Data Storage: 2GB internal Flash, Downloadable to a PC through an Ethernet interface.
- Backlit LCD for easy night-time viewing
- Scanner comes with included rugged Windows 2-in-1 laptop for easy remote data collection.
- External USB port is available for USB memory sticks that can be used to easily transfer data to a desktop computer for further data analysis.
- A Windows desktop computer can also be used to directly control the scanner for use in a lab setting.
- Windows software application has the ability to crop the 4” x 4” scans into smaller areas of interest.
- Includes sun shroud to block out ambient light when performing scans outside.
- The sun shroud also has a cutout window with measurement rulers which are useful in locating the actual area that will be scanned.