Simply plug the Pro GPS-DMI into a vehicle’s OBD-II port, attach the magnetic mounted GPS receiver, and go to work. Moving the Pro GPS-DMI from one vehicle to another can be done in minutes. LED indicators quickly alert the user to quality issues of the GPS or vehicle speed sensor data.
The main distance measurement comes from a 5Hz Garmin GPS receiver, with a connection to the vehicle’s OBD-II port (on compatible vehicles which use a CAN bus diagnostics interface) used as a backup in the case of GPS reception loss. The GPS receiver continuously calibrates the OBD-II backup as you drive.
We offer several display options depending on your needs:
- The Pro GPS-DMI 100 uses a Nitestar display head that may already be familiar for the operator.
- The Pro GPS-DMI 200 uses our own easy-to-use LCD display.
- The Pro GPS-DMI Laptop and HD Imaging use a USB connection to a laptop with our GPS-DMI Display software installed. The software measures distance, collects GPS station information, and (optionally) captures images at regular intervals. This data can then be exported as a .kml file for use in viewing software such as Google Earth. The collected images are geo-tagged.
We developed these devices for State, County, and local transportation engineering and maintenance teams, pavement contractors, and utilities so you can work more efficiently and effectively!
- Easy to Use
- No wiring required – saving you valuable time and money!
- Portable – Moving the GPS-DMI from one vehicle to another can be done in minutes. No permanent wiring required.
- Self-Calibrating – Tire pressure, tire wear, and temperature changes are irrelevant. The Ames GPS-DMI calibrates continuously as the vehicle is driven.
- Complete Solution – Measures distances in foot, mile, meter, kilometer with current speed and memory event coding.