Laser enabled smoothness measurement system monitors profile and calculates smoothness indices directly behind the paver.
- Calculates and displays profile as concrete is placed
- Laptop can be mounted anywhere on the machine
- Instantly calculates and displays Profile Index (PI) and International Roughness Index (IRI)
- Locates areas of localized roughness and must grind locations
Quality Control – In-process profiling locates problem areas and informs fast and appropriate responses.
Easy to Use – Mounts directly onto the back of your slipform paver.
Instant Information – Rugged Panasonic Toughbook mounts to paver, creating a real-time scoreboard for monitoring smoothness values.
Accountability – Brings quality control awareness to everyone involved in the paving process.
- Collects measurements at speeds between 0 and 80 ft/min
- Laser height sensor with a range of five in. and a resolution of .001 in.
- Horizontal distance measured with an optical encoder
- Pavement elevation sample storage: 3 inches
- Profile wavelength range: 1.8 to 300 feet
- Vertical distance sensor resolution: .002 inch
- Data storage: 250,000 miles
- Panasonic Toughbook laptop with a 500 GB hard drive and 4 GB of RAM
- Color anti-reflective, outdoor readable tough screen display
- Electronic components housed in water resistant and dust tight case
- Field replacement of any components does not require re-calibration of the system
- Up to four sensors can be installed at various locations behind the paver and additional sensors can be field installed
- Displays profile and updates smoothness indices with real time data collection
- Equipped with variable high and low pass filter options
- Contains automatic bump detection feature
- Capable of displaying “true profile,” rolling straightedge, and California-type profilograph profile on screen
- Identifies location of “out-of-specification” bumps
- All fields selectable output to ASCII file and selectable field delimiter